To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problems on adding new task and encoding

Tsui

I have upgraded the BC 0.6 to 0.7 today and it seems to be strange.

1. When BC is running, new task cannot be added by just clicking the link on the internet. There is no pop-up window and no new task appeared on the task list.

2. So I download the torrent on my computer. It also does not work if I just double click the torrent file. I have to right click and then "open with" and "Bitcomet - a bit torrent client". Is there any mistake on my BC settings? It never happened before when I was using 0.6.

3. When I change the torrent encoding to "Chinese GB" for a task with Chinese characters, 1 file becomes 2 listed on the "general" column of the "task properties" - one of them is the original and one is the changed one (which is what I expect to see). I click the file I want to download, but it does not start downloading (it shows 100% instantly but no file has been downloaded on my computer). So I go back to the "task properties" and the 2 files become 1 - the changed one. I put a tick on the box again and it works!

Can I change any settings to fix the above.

Many thanks in advance!

1. Hopefully answered in 2.

2. When you choose "open with", goto "Choose program..." and then make sure that the box "Always use the selected Program..." is checked. Then highlight Bitcomet and hit OK, now everytime you double click a torrent file it will automatically use Bitcomet and hopefully this will also solve problem 1.

3. Wierd, sorry can't help you with this since I have never downloaded anything that isnt in english.

1. Hopefully answered in 2.

2. When you choose "open with", goto "Choose program..." and then make sure that the box "Always use the selected Program..." is checked. Then highlight Bitcomet and hit OK, now everytime you double click a torrent file it will automatically use Bitcomet and hopefully this will also solve problem 1.

3. Wierd, sorry can't help you with this since I have never downloaded anything that isnt in english.

Many thanks!

My computer can recognize that it is a torrent file. It just no response by double clicking it.

As someone who is not good at memorizing and organizing things, I really prefer let BC do everything (as the way it used to be) by simply opening the link on the internet!