To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Speed slow and cause network to be very slow too

shaoen01

I have been using Bitcomet for a while now and i thought it was because i did not open a port on my router caused this problem. I have checked in my peers for the files that i was downloading that it has both remote and local initiations --> I read from somewhere in the net that if i have a mixture of both it means my port has been forwarded correctly.

However, my download rate highest was only 10kb. The files that i am downloading have many seeds and peers. My internet connection is 1500kbps and i am using free Zonealarm firewall. Maybe it is my zonealarm configurations? I have given full internet and server access to Bitcomet, so that should not be a problem.

Another problem i faced is also when i am downloading files, my internet browsers become very slow to load content. Once i shut down Bitcomet, the websites load very fast. I usually download 3 connections max so i think should be ok right?

And the download speed is as slow as 3kb mostly, so it should not be taking that much bandwidth. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks

Have you set your upload cap???

Read through Bitcomet Settings Help in my sig to figure out what yours should be.

Also ZA for a lot of people just cant seem to keep up with the huge amount of traffic generated by p2p networks

I would suggest completly removing ZA; if you have XP-SP2 just use that firewall or as an alternative if you dont have SP2 or you want to have outbound control then get Kerio Personal Firewall (its free and easy to use)

• 1 year later...

i have the same problem that he has ,, my bitcomet download is too slow and while the bitcomet is running i cant use my browers it couse it soo slow and if i exit the bitcomet it back to very fast and am not using any firewalls except the windows one.. ill give you the whole information and i hope that u help me.

my operation sys is windows vista ultimate. my bitcomet version is 0.70. i ran a speed test at Speedtest.net and the result is 402 kb\s download and 222kb\s upload. what else do u want to know?

that's it please help.

• 2 years later...

Have you set your upload cap???

Read through Bitcomet Settings Help in my sig to figure out what yours should be.

Also ZA for a lot of people just cant seem to keep up with the huge amount of traffic generated by p2p networks

I would suggest completly removing ZA; if you have XP-SP2 just use that firewall or as an alternative if you dont have SP2 or you want to have outbound control then get Kerio Personal Firewall (its free and easy to use)

bitdave,

I just want to take this time out to thank you from the bottom of my hard drive! ;) Without the help of your links I would have never figured out how to get my ports connected for remote downloading. It took some time but if the reader below your original comment (ramimeshad) would only take the time to go through your links that you've so graciously provided, anyone can figure it out! What a relief! I was stuck at a 68-99 hour download and now it's down to only 20. (decreasing as I type!!) If only I'd have found this post last night I might be finished already!

Now I need to go check out Kerio. Hope it's as good as you say it is!!

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity!!

Edited by JaeBird (see edit history)