To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloads dying with TalkTalk

nipperblue

Ive been getting 100/150kbps download speeds until a week ago, then they dropped to 15/10kbps.

Contacted that joke shop TalkTalk only to be told by their 2nd line team member NTHAVISENG that TalkTalk

are indeed throttling B/T traffic.Any ideas to get back to original speeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, you went for the talk talk promises too eh?

I was on a tiscali connection a couple of months ago paying for a 1 MB line connection, but on average i had a download speed of 150kb/s or more.

Then, the Talk Talk rubbish promised me what i already had, but a tenner cheaper and FREE phone calls, it seemed like an offer not to be missed. So i signed up with them, and after 6 weeks of no connection to the net, finally got connected with talk talk only to find that my apparently 1 MB line had a speed of average 3 to 10 kb/s.

Dial up would be as fast pretty much, so as a rugular user of the net i went ape chit.

Talk talk are of no help, they bluntly refuse to give me my MAC code to switch providers, ( which i think is against the contract but checkin it out ) and all kin all, talk talk are just talk talk. DO NOT SWITCH IF YOU DONT HAVE TO.

Good luck.

Dom

• 3 weeks later...

yup i have exactly the same problem as nipperblue there, my downloads used to be maxing out at 50k's (512K connection by the way) but they just totally dropped. I mean if i change to some obscure port i get like 2kb's which is pretty rubbish. I've sent them an email asking why, as bittorrent protocol is completely legal (eg to download OpenOffice) but am waiting for reply. if anyone solves it then feel free to share :)