To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

multiple bitcomet programs running

Hi

After my company switched to bitdefender as anti-virus program, I have been having serious problems in downloading with BC. In the beginning, BC seems to be frozen (0 bytes received, 0 bytes sent) for some time, then within 30-40 minutes it starts connecting and downloading. From then onwards, everything works wonderfully until I turn off my PC for that day. Then, same routine the next day. However, starting from yesterday, I cannot get past this freezing period at all.

I also observed that during this freezing period, when I check the task manager window, I have two bitcomets working at the same time. We have been using the same centralized firewall for a long time without any additions or new configutaions, so this does not seem to be an issue. Also, other friends have no problem running BC under the same system. I have tried various antispyware software and have not detected any such malicious stuff.

But WHY? Does anybody have an idea? Please help me guys.

Also, other friends have no problem running BC under the same system.

Have you asked them how to get it working?

Bitdefender is known to have problems with p2p, though this is cause of the Bitdefender firewall

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#My.C2.B5To...ertain_trackers

Maybe Bitdefender antivirus has a worm control feature and thinks that all the simulaneous UDP packets that the DHT Network sends is a worm. So try disabling the DHT Network in Bitcomet, you have to restart Bitcomet after doing this.

You better hope your system admins or your boss doesnt have any Big brother software installed, you dont to lose your job cause of something stupid like downloading.