To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DHT not connecting. PLEASE help!

I'm running Vaio P4/WinXP-SP2/Motorola SBG900 cablemodem/Comcast Internet ISP/Windows Firewall (but can switch to Sygate Personal Firewall).

Okay. I've got the Port Forwarding set up and running (port 32459). I've got Opera included in my exceptions list for Windows Firewall and when I click on a torrent, Opera opens a new tab labelled 'Transfers', lists the torrent in question and does a 'Checking Files' thing which shows that it finds the names of the files in the torrent - but then it doesn't do anything else. Doesn't matter what torrent I choose - and I've tested it by finding an application at TorrentBox and MiniNova called 'Watch TV Ipod Converter.exe' because it was recently (since 6/22/2006) listed and is relatively small - the torrent just sits there. Well that's not 'quite' true; it does open an empty file for the executable in my download folder.

Could someone please help me?

I've noticed that uTorrent gives me an 'Unable to map uPnP...' error message and BitComet gives me a 'DHT not connected' message. So far, I've been unable to get uTorrent, Azureus, Shareaza, BitComet and Opera to download through torrenting. This is *so* frustrating as there is a Baen CD ROM image I'd like to download, but I can't get torrenting to work!!!

P.S.

I forgot to change this previous message to indicate that I'm experiencing BitComet problems. I'm getting quite frustrated as I cannot get BitComet, Azureus, uTorrent or Opera's torrenting to work!

Derek

I'm running Vaio P4/WinXP-SP2/Motorola SBG900 cablemodem/Comcast Internet ISP/Windows Firewall (but can switch to Sygate Personal Firewall).

Okay. I've got the Port Forwarding set up and running (port 32459). I've got Opera included in my exceptions list for Windows Firewall and when I click on a torrent, Opera opens a new tab labelled 'Transfers', lists the torrent in question and does a 'Checking Files' thing which shows that it finds the names of the files in the torrent - but then it doesn't do anything else. Doesn't matter what torrent I choose - and I've tested it by finding an application at TorrentBox and MiniNova called 'Watch TV Ipod Converter.exe' because it was recently (since 6/22/2006) listed and is relatively small - the torrent just sits there. Well that's not 'quite' true; it does open an empty file for the executable in my download folder.

Could someone please help me?

I've noticed that uTorrent gives me an 'Unable to map uPnP...' error message and BitComet gives me a 'DHT not connected' message. So far, I've been unable to get uTorrent, Azureus, Shareaza, BitComet and Opera to download through torrenting. This is *so* frustrating as there is a Baen CD ROM image I'd like to download, but I can't get torrenting to work!!!