To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

PLS KINLDY SHARE YOUR FEW SECS AND HELP US TO GET OUT OF THE PROBLEM

Hi,

i use Kaspersky. i am facing low download speed (only 1-25 kB/s and not steady) but uploading speed steadily at 24-50 kB/s. This low download speed has really cropped off my brains. Every now and then obsessing about my download prob i'm almost worth to be Einstein in one way or the other way.

I been all around the forums viewing lots of threads related to download prob. But all those tips have not really satisfied me yet.

So far:

1> i'v almost set up all my BitComet OPTIONS viewing various threads on it.

2> i tried to configure my TA-102 and do port forwarding. But later i realized it is simply a modem and i really do not need to port forward.

[[[[by the way, to try configuring my TA-102 i did dis whole loads of s***. When i ran IPCONFIG, I got this sort of msg:

"Connection-specific DNS Suffix :voip.hkcable.com.hk

IP Address ..............................:218.253.126.166

Subnet Mask ...........................:255.255.255.0

Default Gateway ......................:218.253.126.1"

I also tried to configure my router by inserting GATEWAY NUMBER in the browser address. But this step titles with "CANNOT FIND SERVER". However, i also visited the PORT FORWARDING website in this link http://portforward.com/routers.htm . But i could not find any router/modem similar to mine.

My router/modem is from the manufacturer: TERAYON

My router/modem model: TA-102

You may get more information abt my router/modem in this link http://www.terayon.com/tools/static_page/v...00&cat_id=9.3.3 ]]]]

3> i also downloaded few patches for XP SP2.

4> i also removed the CHECK MARK on ANTI-HACHERS from KASPERSKY SETTINGS. Howeva, i could find myself happier only for the moment. That is - i could see LOCAL+REMOTE CONNECTIONS in my PEERS. But again i realized no any progress in download speed ........... the download speed remained unsolved. it has really become a gigantic unsolved mystery and a breaking nightmare for me.

5> i tried puttin up as many threads as i could in various related forums about this prob. BUT I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY BITCOMET FORUM AS I COULD RARELY FIND THE REPLIES TO THE POSTED THREAD.

6> I'm also switching related XP options on/off in my PC. Sometimes i really encounter terrible errors when i do so.

7> First i put BITCOMET in my FIREWALL EXCEPTION LIST. But after loads of unsuccessful operations over this prob, i really got frustated and I ALSO TURNED OFF MY FIREWALL .........

8> Now I'M WONDERIN TO REMOVE ALL KINDA INTERNET SECURITIES OUT OF MY PC AND HOPING IT CAN WORK .......

9> I would also like to ask you guys if it is possible to contact my ISP and ask them not to block my any pieces of connections. I'm now out of my mind ........... hehehe :lol:

anyway, i do not want to create this thread any longer. After all, its kinda long. Actually, all i wanted to do in this thread is simply pour my sorrows and my unsuccessful stories. PLS SEE MY PIC IN THE ATTACHMENT DURING THE BRAINACHE. I WISH SOMEONE COULD HELP ME ......

BUT BEFORE I END UP I REQUEST EVERYONE PLS KINLDY SHARE YOUR FEW SECS AND HELP US TO GET OUT OF THE PROBLEM.

thanx for your precious time and kind support,

edge B)

untitled.bmp