To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Show Peak Download and Upload Speeds for Particular Files

imagic5

Is there a way to view the FASTEST Download Rate (Not just Avg.) that my torrent hits?

For instance, if I begin downloading a file and then come back to it when I've finished cooking dinner, I would like to see the top download speed.

In the Summary section, it shows the Average upload and download speeds. I want to know what it topped out at.

It's useless, I know, but I'm curious to see how fast my internet speed can get, given the right amount of Seeds and my particular router, etc.

I believe the only way to observe your peep speeds is to watch the GUI, either in the task list where it shows the "net" speed for each task or on the top title bar where the total "gross" upload and download are displayed. I agree it would be interesting to see a peek speed in the statistic pane, but getting an accurate reading could be problematic.

I've seen other clients that use graphs to show a tasks speed, this would make it easy to scroll back and see what your peek speeds were. It would be nice if BitComet had something similar, assuming the development team has the time to design and test such an option.

Thank you, UnUsual Suspect. I tried to "Like" your reply but I was told I "have reached [my] quota of positive votes for the day." Whatever that means. Yours was the first post I ever "Liked" in my entire life, so I'm not sure what that's about. Yes yes, I'm such a newb. Blah blah blah.