To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

speed drops after upgrade to ver 7.0

Can AnyOne tells mi wat happen after i upgrade my BitComet....it usual to be running 50/60+ download speed with 32 upload speed....now it drops to 10/20+ download speed where i did not change my upload speed and any settings........i Did a portforwarding and change my TCP connections to 40....i really dun know wat happen....pls can :( someone tells mi?????

Without looking at the details of your system I can't tell for sure, but it's quite likely your firewall doesn't think this new Bitcomet is the same as the old Bitcomet that was permitted access.

So double-check your firewall and make sure it's letting the correct executable open the correct port. Test your listen port and make sure it's really open.

Without looking at the details of your system I can't tell for sure, but it's quite likely your firewall doesn't think this new Bitcomet is the same as the old Bitcomet that was permitted access.

So double-check your firewall and make sure it's letting the correct executable open the correct port. Test your listen port and make sure it's really open.

thanks for reply.....i check the port..it is not blocked by ISP so i guess it is open....my system is Win XP SP2 and my firewall is off.....my router is linksys BEFSR41...i have 384 ram,80 gig hard disk

Your router has a firewall built-in to it. (Good thing, that. Don't connect to the internet without a firewall.)

Check your peer lists and see if you have any connections initated as REMOTE. If not, you've got problems with your listen port, usually meaning a firewall is blocking it. Check the port at canyouseeme.org and make sure it's really open.

Your router has a firewall built-in to it. (Good thing, that. Don't connect to the internet without a firewall.)

Check your peer lists and see if you have any connections initated as REMOTE. If not, you've got problems with your listen port, usually meaning a firewall is blocking it. Check the port at canyouseeme.org and make sure it's really open.

i check the port it is cfm open n my peer lists show mostly REMOTE...erm....tat funny....it seems quite OK...my settings....does v7.0 affect u also?