To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Port Forwarding no longer working after 0.7 upgrade

I have recently upgraded to Bitcomet 0.7. I have used 0.6 since it came out without problem. Everything was set up fine and i was not surprised to see 235kb/s downloads (my max)

Since Upgrading to 0.7, my port forwading on my Netgear DG834G router seems to have stopped functioning, as i am only getting LOCAL connections and a download speed of a measly 20 - 30kb/s. I have checked this with http://canyouseeme.org/ and it confirms that it cannot see me through the alledgedly opened port. (55462)

As far as i can see, the firewall rules are still in place for the right port.

Also there is activity in the log suggesting that bitcomet is matching the rule.

"Sat, 2006-07-15 13:27:11 - UDP Packet - Source:83.***.***.80,10373 Destination:172.***.***.50,55462 - [bitCom1 rule match]"

Everything else seems fine, as it was before 0.7.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

People frequently omit the necessary step of setting up a static IP for their computer when setting up port-forwarding. That will cause this, because your IP changed (as it will, being dynamic) and your router's forwarding to the wrong IP address now.

People sometimes use software firewalls in addition to the firmware firewall in the router. This is about guaranteed to cause problems if you're not very proficient with managing them. The soft firewall had a rule for the old BitComet program file, but since it has changed, the firewall doesn't have a rule for allowing this new version access. Delete the old rule, and add a new rule for BitComet.

People frequently omit the necessary step of setting up a static IP for their computer when setting up port-forwarding. That will cause this, because your IP changed (as it will, being dynamic) and your router's forwarding to the wrong IP address now.

People sometimes use software firewalls in addition to the firmware firewall in the router. This is about guaranteed to cause problems if you're not very proficient with managing them. The soft firewall had a rule for the old BitComet program file, but since it has changed, the firewall doesn't have a rule for allowing this new version access. Delete the old rule, and add a new rule for BitComet.

I have no software firewall, Only Firmware one. (router)

The port is deffinately open for the Local port my computer is using throught the router. (192.168.0.2)

It is also open for 192.168.0.3->10

It worked beautifully for 10 months.

Should i delete the routers existing rules, then recreate them?? As far as i can see the rule would be identical...

Brian