To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

norton problem

spider26

i downloaded the latest bitcomet after using the old one with no problems and after getting .70 an annoying norton window keeps popping up asking whenether to permit bitcomet, i've tried selecting both choices but it won't go away and bitcomet keeps downloading anyway. Are there any solutions apart from uninstalling norton/bitcomet?

I have the same problem. I previously had version 0.57 and everything worked fine. But now I get those Norton Worm warnings nonstop. I couldn't make it stop either so I'll probaly go back to ver .57 cause its annoying.

I have the same problem. I previously had version 0.57 and everything worked fine. But now I get those Norton Worm warnings nonstop. I couldn't make it stop either so I'll probaly go back to ver .57 cause its annoying.

1. Open up Norton AntiVirus

2. Select Options

3. Select Internet Worm Protection

4. Select Program Control

5. Delete BitComet entry

Next time you start BitComet, it should only ask you once whether to permit or not.

1. Open up Norton AntiVirus

2. Select Options

3. Select Internet Worm Protection

4. Select Program Control

5. Delete BitComet entry

Next time you start BitComet, it should only ask you once whether to permit or not.

Well im not getting the alerts... but its still not dloading ~_~

These are not bugs in BitComet.

For Norton see this post in the FAQ: http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=347#

There are also other guides in the Guides and HOWTO's section that you guys should try reading.

Or could learn how to set your software and possibly hardware up. See the above link for the Guides section.