To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

IM new to this and im getting error messages....

Smoothrid3r

Im trying my best to educate myself through the internet on bitcomet and the error that keeps popping up everytime i go to preview a movie. its saying, "Media file playback error! Maybe some necessary audio/video codec is not installed in your system?" then it asks do you want to run bitcomet video codec check wizard... i do so and then it gives sum lists of missing items i have such as real player, media player classic and real splitter codec. i downloaded all three and it still doesnt seem to work. can you please help me?i just dont get it. :(

Ok, you can get rid of what you downloaded. Very few places use Real Player anymore anyway. Now we have big debates of what codec packs to use. Since I'm posting first I recommend CCCP. It will work with any player that allows external codecs. It will also install Media Player Classic for you. Just click on my sig for the link to their web site. :)

Ok, you can get rid of what you downloaded. Very few places use Real Player anymore anyway. Now we have big debates of what codec packs to use. Since I'm posting first I recommend CCCP. It will work with any player that allows external codecs. It will also install Media Player Classic for you. Just click on my sig for the link to their web site. :)

whaat ?! what is CCCP =( i uninstalled the real player like you said BUT ... ?? it still says that

• 3 weeks later...

I could have sworn I replied to this. :blink:

Anyway, CCCP isn't a normal codec pack. It's a filter pack based off FFDShow. Meaning its for playback only. So in this way it uses less system resources and it will not cause conflicts with any actual codecs you might have installed for other reasons. CCCP's decoders get better performance then some of the offical codecs, such as Divx & Xvid. CCCP is small, light weight, & free. It will play almost all video files and works with any player that uses external codecs.