To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Some small features

1: First of all, in torrent specific tasks, one can limit the upload speed, but not the download speed.

I believe it would be quite useful.

2: Then, it would be nice for the speed to be shown in bytes/sec when down/uploading with less than 1kbyte/sec.

That applies to all indicators.

3: This i don't know if its already implemented, but it would be nice to first download pieces that are rare, meaning that only a few users have the specific pieces. That would save us leechers a lot of troubles!

4: The same as 3, it would be nice if the client checked the download speed for each seeder/leecher and prioritize the faster of them.

Actually i suggest this priority:

first prioritize the pieces by how rare they are

then select the faster peer for each piece

this may drop down the speed at first, but it would assure that the download would be complete!

Maybe this could be an option, so that each client user would select the priority order of the pieces!

5: The tracker list should be in a drop down box or a list box and not in text box, so the deletion of one would be more easy and safe

6: It would also be nice if there was a graph or list for all the pieces of each torrent, with sort options : file sort, priority sort, competion sort etc...

I know its a lot to ask but I wanted to contribute with ideas!

Congats on a great job!

3: This i don't know if its already implemented, but it would be nice to first download pieces that are rare, meaning that only a few users have the specific pieces. That would save us leechers a lot of troubles!

This is a very good idea. I have a similar one. I don't know how exactly the download of a particular torrent is made - who decide which parts of the torrent to be downloaded but anyway.

It will be good if you can make such order: If there is one seeder with 100% completed task and five leechers with 0% to make them to download different parts of the torrent - each to have 20%. Then even if the seeder goes offline they all could complete the task.

We have seen so many times task with 9-10 leechers with 80% completed task and they all are stuck there not because of an uncomplete torrent file but because the seeder is offline (went on a holiday for 2 months) and they all were downloading the same parts of the torrent and they are f..... up now. :)

It will be good if you can make such order: If there is one seeder with 100% completed task and five leechers with 0% to make them to download different parts of the torrent - each to have 20%. Then even if the seeder goes offline they all could complete the task.

In the example you presented, my suggestion would work like that :

At first we have 1 seeder

Then a leecher connects. So the leecher starts downloading.

Then another leecher connects. The client sees that some pieces exist only 1 time (the seeder pieces) and some exist 2 times (seeder and leecher pieces). So the client starts downloading from the seeder.

The same goes for the other leechers that connect.

Well, there is the problem of the upload slots the seeder has open, but this problem exists already!

I hope the admins will look at this and answer us!