Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problem with downloadin'

Ok, when i download something using BitComet

the download stops at 99.8%. I don't see whats

the problem. It reports that all of the movie is

downloaded, but its says 99.8%. In my download

directory the file is not in the MPEG format, but

in the Bit Comet Incomplete Download File! ! !

Where's the problem?!

could someone explain this to me?

Select the torrent task in BitComet then click the Files section (bottom left in the main window). If it contains any of the following file types, right click them and select Priority > Disabled:

desktop.ini

thumbs.db

---

so, what if i don't see this, than it's OK?

Not quite. Those two files are things that should not be included in a torrent, because they're to do with the folder settings for the source computer. No download needs them. They should be automatically excluded by the torrent-making software but sometimes are not. The net of all that is, you don't need those two files and they don't contain anything you want.

Now for the other part. You say, "the download stops at 99.8%", but then you say, "It reports that all of the movie is downloaded..." These are mutually contradictory, they can't both be true. If it's less than 100%, then the download is not complete. You should have file extensions that indicate incompleteness, this is correct behavior. Your error is apparently believing that things should be otherwise. Your download is not complete until the % downloaded is 100%, at which point the extensions will change to the correct values.

If your problem is that the download wont move beyond 99.8%, you need to say that, and not "the download is complete", because it is not.