To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I don't get it ???

Hi, I just started using torrents. I have heard that bitcomet is a good client for downloading torrents. I have a 100 MBPS connection from "Bell Sympatico" Canada. I own a pentium 4 computer, 1GB ddram, 2.4 GHz. I was downlaoding a movie that has 40 seeders and 54 peers. For some reason my speed stays around 11 kbps. I don't know what to do. Can someone help me plzz. My friend has the same connection and he gets aorund 200 kbps if the seeders are over 20. Thx in advance

What tracker are you downloading from? Are you behind a router?

You got to understand that Bittorrent (or just P2P in general) is a VERY unstable network. You can't compare two torrents with eachother, because those two torrents have different peers, and different peers = different bandwidths = different down and upstreams.

But my best guess would be that you are behind a router. You need to port forwarde that router.

If you have no router, you have forgotten to limit your upload speed. Limit your upload speed to: 1040KB/S . Now you'll get a much better downstream. Also remember that you shoulden't expect great downstreams if you're downloading from ThePirateBay.