To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

not so generic speed problem lol

ok, taken the speeeed test, i can download at a speed of 1.01mbps and i can upload at 150kbps, when i download of the net, i can get speeds usually of 350kb a sec, depending on the site.

iv got my ports sorted out, iv opened the port i use in bitcomet, taken the online test and its opened port, its not closed or stealth, so its not that problem...

i still cant get my speeds up? the health on my torrent is very good, in the thousands, i have many leechers and seeders, iv uploaded a total of 14gb in my time with torrents, and downloaded 10gb. im downloading from local and remote users.

any suggestions would be fantastic?

im really busting my brain, forwarding ports on my software firewall aswell.

Good.

Have you remembered to limit your upload speed in BitComet? You need to limit it to about 80% of your total upload speed. So limit your upload speed to around 14KB/S. Now you'll get much better downstreams. But also remember that it has to be a torrent with alot of seeders, and don't expect big download speeds at ThePirateBay.

Good.

Have you remembered to limit your upload speed in BitComet? You need to limit it to about 80% of your total upload speed. So limit your upload speed to around 14KB/S. Now you'll get much better downstreams. But also remember that it has to be a torrent with alot of seeders, and don't expect big download speeds at ThePirateBay.

now iv done something, iv been messing around with the settings in bitcomet, trying to get my speeds up, then i was messing around with ports, i changed the listening port as maybe the port i was using was congested, neway didnt work, went back to the old port, and now its only connecting to local not remote, but the port is still open when i check, and do a check on the net, it says open... lol dunno what iv done? ne suggestions?

Whatever if you are downloading/uploading to local or remote connections dosen't matter at all. Don't bother about that.

Please tell me from what tracker you are downloading?

inferno.demonoid.com

its just strange before i had loads of remote hosts now i only have local, as though my port is not open