To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 1.09 and 1.13 - CometPassport

davejuk

I've used BitComet for several years now but I only recently created an account.

Sign-in often fails with a failed to connect to server error. When it does succeed, it appears to have been tracking my score more or less correctly but it never signs in instantly. It always takes ages if it succeeds.

This is with 1.09 and 1.13 under Vista Ultimate x64. DHT Connected: 1550 and I have a green light for my listen port (18141).

P.S. Why do I only get credit for a maximum of 1GB uploaded each day? I can do that in just over an hour. Surely in these days of multi-megabit upload speeds you should be increasing this limit?

As far as we (support staff) have been able to determine, registering with and signing in to BitComet, accounting for your uploads, &c., has no benefits whatever for those who do not live in China. We're unsure about whether this means Taiwan, the mainland, or parts of Southeast Asia.

There is no documentation about it and no official word from anyone in a position to know. But as far as I can tell, this is simply a waste of time for those living elsewhere.

It takes a while to log in because the server is in China and network connectivity to it may be poor or slow.