To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

help please

hi i am new to forums so so please be patient with me. ok i am using bit comet 1.14 and running vista when i start to download anything all is well but if i have to shut down or close bit comet when i restart i have to go back to the torrent site and find the exact same torrent that i was downloading again and start it up again it saves what it has alredy downloaded but there is nothing to restart please help

Review your BitComet settings/preferences/whatever.

There is a setting to resume tasks when BitComet starts up. This should be enabled. If it wasn't, then this is the reason for your problem.

If it is already enabled (checked), then BitComet is probably unable to write its task list (named "downloads.xml", in the program directory. You don't mention what OS you're using (it should be obvious to you that you need to provide that information B)) but this is probably due to permission problems with that file or the directory -- under XP, that the file's set to "read-only", under Vista that BC's account doesn't have write permission to it.