To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet prevents my PS3 from signing in to PSN

1) 1.14

2) Cable and cable modem

3) Linksys Router WRT54GS, no port forwarding

4) Vista Home Premium, ZoneAlarm, AVG Free

For a while now and as with previous versions before 1.14, everytime I run bitcomet I get kicked out of the Playsttion Network or cannot connect to it at all whenever I use my PS3. I narrowed the problem down to the Enable UPnP port mapping(XP/Vista Only) option. It seems that if I turn the option off my PS3 works fine, but then it means the listening port does not work and I get a yellow circle instead of a green one. My ps3 is connected to the router by a powerline connection. Any ideas?

We have long recommended not using UPnP. The implementation, at least as far as router control, seems frequently defective on both ends. If something does go wrong, as here, it is impossible to troubleshoot or to fix.

Just disable the UPnP setting in BitComet and configure your router manually, through its control interface, to permanently forward your BitComet listen port. Your router's manual tells you how to do this, and there are specific supplemental instructions at portforward.com. (Ignore the crap where they try to sell you something.)