Rhieks Posted August 28, 2009 Share Posted August 28, 2009 (edited) Hello there. I had been using 1.13 version until it began to crash from time to time, so I decided to install the latest one. It went all ok with unpacking, but once the installation was finished, it couldn't find the BitComet.exe file. I tried re-installing it over and over, with some different setup settings, with my firewall and antivirus turned off, but never succeeded. The .exe file appeared in the folder for a brief time, and disappeared again once the unpacking was over. So, I have installed 1.13 back (it went perfectly this time), but would like to have an oppotrunity to upgrade. I am using Windows XP Professional 2002 SP2, and was putting BC into the old folder to preserve my settings (freshly reinstalled 1.13 picked them up w/o problems). Also using ZoneAlarm & NOD, but turning them completely off didnt' help. Installation choices were mostly the following: - Integration: IE-, FF+, MX- (changing these did nothing) - Desktop - yes, Start menu - no - CometBird - no, google - no Edited August 28, 2009 by Rhieks (see edit history) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.