To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Sound Volume

BitComet simply transfers files, very accurately. It does not alter them. Once the file is transferred, BitComet's work is done.

Digital video and audio are complex, and there are many different and competing standards or accepted practices. So without more information (like, what kind of file is it?) we can't be of more help than that.

Well they are both AVI files that I would like to transfer to DVD. BitComet did a great job with video and it seems as though audio is there. When I ran with Windows Media player i could hear clear but faint sound faint sound at PC with earphones and sound turned completely up.

Does this help?

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

Yes, it does. You don't need to quote the message immediately above, unless you're replying to some specific part of it -- and then just quote the minimum. Using "Fast Reply" will do this for you.

Your issues can have several different causes. The first thing to do is try a different player. You should download and install the free VLC player from videolan.org and give that a try. If the audio is OK in VLC, then you are probably looking at a filter issue. (VLC does not use the installed system filters.)

You will need to uninstall any codec packs you have previously installed, then download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) and install it. It will install a really good set of filters that don't conflict with each other. It comes with several tools including one named GSpot (I didn't name it.) Drop an .avi file on it, and it will tell you what was used to encode the video and audio streams of the movie, as well as which if any of the installed system filters can handle that encoding. (You can also find GSpot on its own, out there on the intertubes.)

On the other hand, you can just use VLC and stop using Media Player. I greatly prefer VLC for all my video and most audio. It will handle nearly everything except proprietary DRM'ed WMV files (which I discard anyway) and very recent audio formats. I like it's settable hotkey controls a lot.

On the gripping hand, you can do both, which is what I'd recommend.

You said you wanted to transfer the file to a DVD. Did you mean that you wanted to transcode it from a modern MP-4 format that it's probably in now, to the ancient, inefficient MP-2 format that classic video DVD uses? If so, the first thing to do is to make very sure that this is really what you want to do.