To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Tracker Question

TeasinU

Hello! I am currently running BitComet 1.15 on Vista Home Premium. I use a wireless DSL connection, which uses the Kyocera PassPort 1xEVDO PC card modem. ZoneAlarm supplies my firewall and Anti-Virus security. The main question I wanted to ask is: How do I copy and "paste" new (more) trackers to the available trackers list? I read on one of my looks that someone suggested "pasting" certain trackers to the tracker list, to offer more download... links? seeders? I forget which. I have yet to figure out how that person could do that. I have seen trackers listed for the same purpose several times since then. Help?...

Also, I have been having problems with BitComet locking up. after about an hour (until today), the little rectangle would come up saying "BitComet has stopped responding. Would you like to close this program now?", or something close to that anyway. No matter what I select, it is still running, but not doning anything (like now!), until I shut down the computer. It will not close! I wasn't having this problem until about 3 months ago, I keep making sure it is upto date, thinking maybe it was a glitch in the program. Suggestions?

The tracker list for any task can be reached through the properties page of the task. But keep in mind that if you add to the task tracker which don't actually track that torrent (not just with the same name, but with the same hash code) it will do you more harm than good.

As for BitComet hanging up, what exactly has changed in your computer's hardware/software configuration since 3 months ago?

Thank you very much. Pertaining to the hang up I upgraded from 1.13 to 1.14, and something just... I don't know, Went wrong? I attemped an uninstall, reboot and install 1.13 again, but it kept doing it. I thought maybe upgrading to 1.15 would fix it. I even went so far as to format and re-install Vista... Well, there were other reasons I did that, but I figured it might work. Checked the modem settings, it is set for 8 hour idle before disconnect. Anyway, it seems to keep working as long as I am at the computer and not doing anything else.

Please use the "Fast Reply" option, unless there is a specific reason for quoting the post directlly prior to your own.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

You needn't quote the whole post.. just keep the particular line to which you're referring.

As for the other matter, I can't give you any specific advice, since there is not very much info to work with. If it keeps doing that, it means it's either a hardware issue (BitTorrent clients put quite a lot of stress on some specific areas of the system) which just surfaces when BitComet is running or a software conflict. You'll have to make sure that Vista is up to date (the last service pack and updates) and then to conduct some more extensive testing to get to the bottom of this (memory, cpu, hdd, nic) and if that doesn't cut it to disable most of the resident software applications and services to pinpoint the possible problem. Unfortunately there is no universally valid answer for this kink of problems.