To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Just got here

x2y7z0ha

What's up. Been using bitcomet for years, but this new 1.15 version has me in the forums looking for answers for the first time. Previous versions were pretty intuitive: they told you in just two lines (under statistics) how much of the torrent you had downloaded, and how much of it you had uploaded. That way I could ensure I was giving as much as I was getting-though I've always given a little more than I got just to be a good guy about it. Now I can't figure out how much of the torrent I've actually seeded. I try to do at least a 2 to 1 ratio, but I can't seed a single torrent indefinitely. Can someone tell me how this new system works in Bitcomet so I'll know how much I've seeded: I don't want to shortseed a P2P community that's been so good to me.

I don't know if this question is appropriate for this forum, but I saw others had asked questions, and gotten answers, so I'm trying here. If it shouldn't be here, let me know, and I'll post elsewhere. Other than that, thanks for any help anyone can give, and happy bitcometting to everyone.

Edited by x2y7z0ha (see edit history)

That info is present in the Summary tab in v.1.15 under Download size and Upload size. The first number is for the current session and the second one (in parenthesis) is the total for that torrent task.

Also, you can watch your calculated share ratio for any torrent, in the Share Ratio column, of the Task List. If you can't see it, right-click on the header of any column and put a check mark before the Share Ratio entry.

Usually all the new features of a new version are soon after release (or even before) documented on the Wiki pages.