To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Picking up a partial download after reloading PC

Hi all, hopefully somebody will know the answer to this question. Recently, I had to reformat my hard drive. I backed up a couple of very large partially downloaded torrents by copying the entire folder created by BitComet. Now I want to pick up where I left off... I've re-downloaded the torrents from the websites where I got them originally and moved the backed up folders back to the download directory. However, this doesn't seem to be working. I can get BitComet to do a hash check, but when it's done it still shows 0% progress, even though it should be at something like 50-75%. Anybody have any idea how to fix this? By the way, I'm using BitComet 1.15 on Windows XP.

load the torrent via the menu, but don't start it. Now adjust the download directory to point to the location where your partial download resides. This might be a bit tricky, as you need to point to the directory containing the directory you want, but play with it a little and you'll get the hang of it.

Perform the manual hash-check and watch it. If it goes very quickly and ends up back at 0%, this indicates you aren't pointing to the right place, or the partial isn't where you think it is. If it goes fairly slowly and then reverts to showing the correct % downloaded, you've got it and can resume the task.