To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

1.16 doesn't seem able to send error reports on my machine?

aa221

I am not sure where the problem is but since I upgraded to 1.16 when an error occurs and the error report box comes up, when I hit send it just hangs forever. Is this shared code, because MpcStar seems to be doing exactly the same thing. This has been working fine in the past.

I am running XP on an HP NC6400 laptop. 2gigs of memory, T7600 Intel processor. The only way I can clear it is to go into task manager and delete the process. Suggestions ?

I can't make 1.16 crash but MpcStar seems to crash on every exit right now.

Update: I discovered I was getting a collection of an image called dwwin.exe running. When I started blowing them away with the Task Manager suddenly my latest error report completed. Perhaps someone understands what happened ? And I am sending reports again.

Edited by aa221 (see edit history)

dwwin.exe is Microsoft's error reporting tool, "Doctor Watson for Windows" = dwwin.

It should capture the error, produce a report, send it to Microsoft, then exit. If it's hanging, and every error fires of another one, you can see why this will soon mess things up. It CAN be disabled, but I would not do so unless this continues to be an annoyance.

There is, btw, a tool called "Process Explorer" that was written by a Microsofty, which is much more informative and capable than Task Manager. It's published by Sysinternals.