To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

new to torrents and need help

zach12wqasxz

hello im new to the forums and i just downloaded and started useing torents today so i am new to all this, i am haveeing problems trying to figure out how to install and play a game after i have downloded it, i tried useing this forums help guides, wich i learned i needed to download winRAR, after i did that i extrated the files of the game i downloaded ( stronghold 2 ), and after thta i couldnt figure out what to do, i tried archiving the files ( i think thats what its called, archiving or something..) and now i have no clue what to do. again i treid useing the help guides but im not the mopst computer inclined person so if anyone could help me with like a dumbed down step by step process of what to do after i have finished downloading the game from the bitcommet thing, thx in advance

sorry i forgot but i also need to know how exactly to do this

Stronghold.Crusader.Extreme.Full-Rip.Skullptura

Notes:

Full Game

Ripped - Nothing!

1) disable UAC on Vista

2) extract .7z archive to NORMAL/SHORT PATH , somewhere like D:\Games

3) run setup.bat

4) play game

Riped by Skullptura

Cracked by Reloaded

Edited by zach12wqasxz (see edit history)

I understand that you're not very inclined towards computers. Not everybody is.

If you're going to indulge in software piracy, you must become so. You have a long learning curve ahead of you and need to start now. Your alternative is to buy the software and not try to pirate it.

You will need to take the initiative on your own, to use tools like Google to explain things that you don't understand. You need to actively educate yourself and inquisitively dive into the field of computers, so that you do understand what you're doing and why you're doing it, so that those instructions become not only comprehensible to you, but seem complete.

You're expected to be much more self-sufficient, to eagerly run and find out for yourself how to do things, for you will find no simple, step-by-step guides to tell you exactly what to do and no-one with the patience, or even the willingness, to tell you. If you need that, then you must either learn enough not to need it anymore, or you need to legitimately buy the software.

If you don't want to undertake to spend a lot of time educating yourself, to dive in and learn how to swim before you sink, (and become a shark before you get eaten, this is dangerous to the uneducated), then you need to buy the software and get your handholding from the publisher.

Forums like this one have policies forbidding discussion of piracy and cracking because, while les flics probably can't find you, they can find public forums like this one and shut down ones that permit or foster such discussion.

You can take that as a first lesson then: you didn't read the forum rules, or understand them, and proceeded anyway to do something that was explicitly forbidden, that may harm others. That's not a good beginning.

THIS time, that has no consequences except for being mildly warned about it, but you must lose that attitude as quickly as you can. Read, understand, follow. Piracy does not coddle the weak, and soon or late you're going to do something that will have much more severe consequences, such as having your identity stolen, or having your computer so compromised and infested that completely wiping it and starting over is your only option.