To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to Enable Queuing of Tasks In BitComet

im_prad

*** Topic moved ***

Hi,

I love using Bitcomet and like most of its features however I didnt find one option that is pretty important and present in Utorrent as well and that is Task Queuing.

Could you suggest how to do this or it is not there at all and whether would be implemented in future versions

Cheers,

Prad

Edited by greywizard
Posted in Feature Request section (see edit history)

It already exists in both clients. Just explore the preferences/options/whatever in both.

The idea is that you set a maximum number of currently active downloads, say, 2. Then you add more downloads than that number, like 6 of them. The the last four that you added go into the queue. You can move them up or down the queue, you can even move a queued task into the active list and an active task into the queue.

Just experiment around with it, I think you'll find about all that you could ask for is already there.

• 4 months later...

I got the queing of tasks to work in Bitcomet finally but cant find the option to move a torrent up or down the list to set priority of it like we can in Utorrent , any suggestions on that please? :unsure:

Bitcomet's toolbar is extremely customizable. You choose whether to have the "move up" and "move down" arrows on it or not. Look at View->Toolbar Status -> Buttons and decide which ones you want on there. Select the "Move Up" and "Move Down" choices to see the arrows. Many people don't use BC's queueing feature and don't want the arrows cluttering up the toolbar.

BC queues tasks very nicely. It simply doesn't number them as µtorrent does. They are processed in the order shown.