To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Upload Not Stopping

Checked the activity screen and nothing is shown using port 60000 (oddly, Firefox, which has been running for a couple of hours, shows nothing on the "listening" tab, nothing on the "connections" tab, and zero for packets sent/received and bytes sent/received). Went back to the history screen and every listing in the window showed port 60000 as either source or destination.

Well, I must say I find it disappointing that the firewall doesn't have the common sense of at least showing you the PID of the process.

You can still find out the "manual" way then, if you wish. Start a command prompt session.

(This works in WinXP; I'm not sure about Vista or Win 7. But if you run the program in elevated mode - Shift+Right-click-->Run as different user...-->Administrator account it should work.)

Type at the command prompt:

netstat -bn 1 | findstr 60000 > D:\connectionslog.txt

and hit ENTER.

Leave it running for as long as you see fit (5-15 minutes).

After that hit CTRL+C to stop running the command.

Open the new created connectionslog.txt file in the D: drive root, and see if you have any entry inside.

If you do, copy or memorize the number in the last column; that's the PID of the process which uses that port.

If you don't find anything it means that maybe you must leave the command running for a little longer up to 30 minutes. A good moment to use the command is when you have recently seen log entries in the firewall log for that port.

To find out which application uses that port, type at the command prompt:

tasklist|findstr [here you type the PID without the square brackets]

and then hit ENTER.