To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

UDP Port still blocked

Hi,

In the Statistics page of my Bitcomet, it is saying that the TCP listening port 60000 was opened by my router and the UDP Port was blocked by my router still. I am using Bitcomet Version 1.18 stable with windows vista, I have DSL using a router which acts as a network gateway. I have configured both windows firewall and my actual router-Dlink Model DVA3810 to port forwarding as per the guide and still the statistics show that the UDP is being blocked. As per the guide I do have the port mapping off. Why is the one port still blocked?

Thanks

You don't specifically say this, so, when you opened the port in your router, did you open it for TCP & UDP? It's almost always necessary to specify both if you want both.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have it specified for both and nothing seems to work. However, my router in the security section is noting a lot of blocking of ICMP which I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this but seems to be new since the port blocking

Things are a bit slow today, but when I was able to check, I noticed that this model of router appears to require that you set two rules, one for each protocol. That might not be accurate, or it might be an older version of the firmware. If you must, you must.

Ping-blocking isn't usually an issue for most people, and I really wouldn't worry about ICMP settings.

It is odd, though, particularly if you haven't changed anything. You may want to reset the router to its defaults and configure it again, to make certain all is as you think it is.