To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent task exists!

zilly

Help--I'm a Newbie with BitCometand think it's great.I've read through the forums-but can't find an answer.I have downloaded a few films and created DVDs with them with no problem.I move the file to my desktop first before creating a DVD.However with the last video file I am now getting a message'Torrent task exiosts!' and I can get no further.When I try to move the file in NCI to create the DVD it says 'invalid file format'Please can you help-what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

The first message is from Bitcomet, and tells you that you already have a task for a torrent that you tried to add. -- you're already downloading it, for example. The second message is from elsewhere. possibly "NCI", whatever that is. Once a file is transferred, BitComet's job is done.

BitComet transfers what's sent. It does not alter the content. When you try to transcode to DVD, you have to know what you're transcoding from. This isn't BitComet's concern. Like a courier service or the post office, it just delivers what was sent. if you ordered the wrong thing, for whatever reason, that's not the courier's problem.