To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

What is Bit Comet (besides a cool icon!)

Hello,

I downloaded Bit Comet on the computer, but don't really know how to use it. For one thing, I am having problems finding a free website. All of them are paysites, and I do not have the means or resources to pay for a service. I have tried to use these bittorrents before for several years, and always found them to be a royal pain in the arse.

I live in China and are able to watch a lot of foreign TV and media through their Chinese sites. I download music from Limewire. I just downloaded the BitComet again because I wanted to watch something that I cannot find, or to find older and more obscure things. I also would not mind a good American Football game since I cannot find that here.

Well 99% of the answers to your questions can be easily found in the BitComet Wiki pages.

A short description of BitComet you can find in the following BitComet Wiki topic: What is BitComet?

Also a short description of the BitTorrent protocol, you can find in the following BitComet Wiki topic: BitTorrent

These are part of the BitComet Wiki FAQ where you will find answers to most of the issues that a user may encounter while using BitComet.

Detailed instructions on how to install and use BitComet for downloading torrents or HTTP/FTP files and other stuff, you can find in the first topics on the main Wiki page (to which I gave you the first link), which are:

Download and Install BitComet

Using BitComet to Download Torrents

Using BitComet to Download Files (HTTP/FTP protocols)

Using BitComet to Download Online Video

Take your time browsing through the whole Wiki documentation as it's extensive and you'll find answers for most of your questions in there, be they more technical or rather of general purpose.

There is also a Guides and Tutorials section on this forum which contains useful stuff for all kinds of purposes you might have. Check it out as well.

The info is definitely out there; all you'll need is some time and a little patience to read through it. Good luck! ;)