To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Set unlimited number in "Default number of Connections of URL" in HTTP/FTP task

doquan0

I'm not a native English speaker, please sympathize for my poor English

BitComet should allow users to set unlimited number in "Default number of Connections of URL" in HTTP/FTP task

Because some websites in my country (Vietnam) just allow 2KB/s ( the maximum speed ) for each connection (of 1 download/task). Therefore, if I split the download/task into 20 connections, the speed may be up to 35-40 KB/s.

When I try Mass Downloader, it splits the download into 100 connections, so the speed reaches up to 90-100 KB/s

I hope Bitcomet will have this change in the next update. Thanks

Hi doquan0, sorry the answer for your suggestion is No.

Because if a particular task has too many connections, it'll impact the normal downloading process of other tasks, and end up with slow downloading speed and disconnection. Normally 5-10 connections is the ideal number, and it really depends on the bandwidth.

Yes I can understand your situation, but once a change is made, it'll reply to all tasks. In addition, if novice users don't understand this function and set all their connections to unlimited, then this small change will cause BIG problems.

Sorry I cannot help with your situation.

Hi Lucy26 again

I see you point, but how about the advanced users?

Also, Bitcomet doen't need to change "default number of connections" to "Unlimited", it should be 5 connections. However, advanced users shoud be allowed to change the number which is suitable for a special download.

If novice users increase the number of connections to a huge one (for example, more than 30), BitComet may warn them about the change to let them make sure again.

• 8 months later...

@rbthakur: Really?

Leaving aside that what you wrote doesn't look by a mile like a feature request and that you highjacked somebody else's thread, by posting something that has no connection to the subject whatsoever... your post doesn't make any sense.

Don't let it happen again, please.