To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

4-way mouse scrolling does not work.

I have a logitech VX nano mouse with both vertical and horizontal scrolling. The vertical scroll works fine, but anytime my cometbird window is too small and I need to side scroll, it doesen't work.

Instead of scrolling horizontally, it scrolls vertically when I depress my scroll to the left/right. Is there a fix for this bug?

I'm sure my mouse is fine because horizontal scroll works fine in other windows 7 applications ie) office/adobe/ windows explorer/ google chrome.

CometBird is Firefox. Your questions should be searched for and asked at Firefox. They say:

Go into about:config

Set mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action to '1'

Set mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.numlines to '1'

Horizontal scrolling should now be fine. I don't know, my mouse isn't so elaborate and doesn't squeak horizontal.

Don't go postal in the about:config screen, you can completely foul up your browser with random changes. Don't go exploring and looking for likely things that sound like they might be cool to change, unless you want to end up completely uninstallling the browser, wipe your registry of it, and reinstall from scratch to undo what you did so you can get it to work again.