To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet FLV Player not working

I've had the Bitcomet FLV Player installed on my computer for a while now, I don't use it every day, though it has always worked in the past when I've wanted to watch something. Though, today when I went to watch a video, it came up with the message 'Update flash version!' on the screen where the video would normally be. When I click on this text it takes me to the site: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

That doesn't seem so weird to me, though when I do download the Adobe flash player like it tells me to, even after I've restarted my computer, the Bitcomet FLV Player still won't work. The same 'Update flash version!' text still appears instead of my movie.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

I can't get this to work either, upgrading Flash seems to have changed -- it wants to install a plugin for FF, or an ActiveX control for IE, but nothing for the system itself.

At any rate, when you start BitComet FLV player, it displays "Upgrade Flash Version!" and won't play any flv file.

Evidently Adobe doesn't play in that field anymore. They only make Flash Player for a browser, and the choices are for MSIE, or for Firefox/Safari/Opera. There is no other choice.

I've installed both upgrades, but that hasn't affected FLV player.

I can't find a general download and install for the system anywhere on their site, so I'm going to punt this one to Gavin and Lucy.

Moved to bug reports.

Following up, the links to Adobe's Flash download center take you relentlessly back to the one page where you can download the latest version. Period.

You have to download earlier versions as .zip files and figure out installation for yourself. but the page with the files is here.

(This isn't the answer, just research.)

It looks like bitcomet's intent is to make MPCStar their .flv player product -- which means that they should certainly take the flash player link off of the home page, if it's not supported anymore.

Hi Ghostwerld, BitComet doesn't use FLV player anymore and we didn't require users to upgrade FLV player. Please download MPCStar and this problem will be fixed.

Kluelos' suggestion has reported to the team. B)

Might want to remove .flv converter from the home page too.

It has never worked very well -- typically fails without reporting an error, but creates a zero-length output file, is really difficult to understand since half the messages are stiill in Chinese and so display in little squares, and it hasn't been maintained or upgraded for an equally long time as the player - it probably doesn't understand contemporary flash format either.