To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading FTP

There is a HTTP/FTP task type in the "Option" page. However, I just wonder why I am not able to download any file from FTP server. I tried the same file at another downloader and it works well. In other words, there is no problem for the server and the file.

I believe that we can download file from FTP server since there is a HTTP/FTP task type. Please kindly advice how should I do so that I can download file from FTP server by using Bitcomet.

Your advice is appreciated.

I just wonder why I am not able to download any file from FTP server.

What do you mean? Can you elaborate a little?

How can we know what goes wrong if you give no description of what happens or doesn't happen?

Please kindly advice how should I do so that I can download file from FTP server by using Bitcomet.

Well, the instructions are here on the help section of the site: Using BitComet to Download Files (HTTP/FTP protocols)

All you need to do is peruse. ;)

First of all, thanks for your prompt reply. I am sorry as my English is poor. I wish that you can understand them, anyhow. LOL

What do you mean? Can you elaborate a little?

How can we know what goes wrong if you give no description of what happens or doesn't happen?

For example, I would like to download the file from this URL " ftp://dygod1:dygod1@d007.dygod.org:3044/驯龙高手/[电影天堂www.dy2018.net]驯龙高手DVDscr中英双字.rmvb ". I added to URL to my Bitcomet and I failed to download. (refer the attached file)

However, I added the exactly the same URL to another download software for testing, it works well. (refer the attached file)

Wish that this information will give me clearer picture about my problem.

Well, the instructions are here on the help section of the site: Using BitComet to Download Files (HTTP/FTP protocols)

All you need to do is peruse. ;)

I referred to this page many times already and it doesn't answer my questions. This is because the example shown is file from HTTP server instead of FTP server.

Looking forward to hear from you soonest.

Thanks.

post-57783-12778798071528.jpg

post-57783-12778798178654.jpg

The one you downloaded by Xunlei was not the original resource, but from mirror and other users, because there are lots of peers using Xunlei. But if you stop the task in Xunlei, open "task property" and select something like "only download from the original source", you will see you cannot connect to the resource. Thus you are not able to download this movie by BitComet since there are not that many peers.