To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

More on Scrolling

When I click a link to go to another site from within an article or a search engine selection, and then go to that link's site, scrolling the new article on the new site also scrolls the original site from where the link to the current page originated, all on the same tab!:o

I don't think it happens all the time, but it does happen... often.

After I read the new article, I have generally scrolled to the bottom of the new article. When I then 'go back one page' the original site has scrolled down to where I was in depth in the article I had just read! If I used the link in the original site to clarify the original page, I will generally want to go back to continue reading the original page from where I left off. I must then scroll UP on the original site to get to where I was when I clicked the link.

I use Vista Premium 32 w/all the updates and CB 3.6.8. No other browser had displayed the behavior on my setup.

Thanks for your hard work.

This has not occurred before on any other version of this browser or any other. I have not performed a re-install because this action is not terribly inconvenient. Bazaar is the right word though.

This original post, as is my other re: scrolling, is for your general awareness of this quirk and if others experience this, they will realize they are not alone.

I took me awhile to post this because I continued to believe it wasn't happening. It is just too... what? But I decided it needs to be known to the authors and should be addressed.

On my very first post: "Bookmarks open new tab" I was unaware that the creators of this browser were very present here on the board and I was expecting an answer to my question to be unsubstantial eventually leading to Hitler. I see this is not the case here. I did read all suggested materials beforehand thought it was not evident that the creators of the browser answered virtually exclusively which is unheard of in my experience on the web. From the tenor of the answers, I came off shall we say: impolite. I regret that.

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by w1_m2 (see edit history)

Convenient or not, something really odd is going on with your installation, and it isn't something common, so I think reinstalling is a really good idea.

CometBird is basically Firefox with a few changes, so if reinstalling doesn't fix the problem, you should probably check the Mozilla forum to see if anyone there has encountered and solved this problem.