To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Preview software

Just downloaded bitcomet today. Version 1.22. Have a cable modem, using a netgear router hooked up through the desktop. Using Windows 7, windows firewall, Kaspersky AV.

Think thats all the require biz. I tried to do a preview of what I am d/ling and it initially prompted me to download something but it clicked off when I went to explore it and it defaulted to my already installed DivX player. The previews are not working at all on the DivX player. I searched this problem on the forum and didn't come up with much. One Post that told the person to go to Advanced and Something about preview. I don't have that option. So thinking I could force it to switch to the Media Classic Player I uninstalled DivX and tried to preview it again and now it says that the Player program file doesn't exist. How do I switch it? Thanks!

One Post that told the person to go to Advanced and Something about preview. I don't have that option.

Yes, you do. Advanced -> ui._preview_program_path holds the pathname to your chosen viewer. Just change the pathname to change the viewer.

If you haven't downloaded much of the torrent, then most of it will have to be interpolated from the few pieces you do actually have. This is mathematically intensive and takes a very, very long time. It's normally pointless to try to preview before you have a majority of the download.