To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

windows media player 11 plugin

w1_m2

Example this link to an apartment complex website: www regencysquareyuma com

There is a "click here to download plugin" Can't. Must install manually. Yet, when I do this nothing happens!? I also have Firefox installed and there is no problem with that browser and that same website. If you go to the site noted you will see what I am experiencing, (or not..) I have rebooted.

Suggestions?

CometBird/3.6.12

Vista 32 home premium

This issue is usually because of CometBird's origins in Firefox. The plugin gets installed, but in Firefox, which doesn't do you any good.

If you want, you can try to identify the particular plugin, but an alternative is to simply copy the FF plugins directory (in %appdata%) to the CB plugins directory. Decline any overwrites.

Most plugin writers don't consider CB in their options, but they usually do consider FireFox, so this method will help you out in multiple cases.

Thanks for the reply. I got the gist of your message but the plugin folder for both browsers was not in (%appdata%)[i looked and could not find them.] I just went to the programs folder and did as you suggested. For me, that worked.

Thanks