To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Print Margins

w1_m2

Hello friends

I printed a picture last week where I did not want any margins (i.e. print right up to the edge of the sheet of paper). Worked fine. I had changed the print preview - page setup - margins and headers/footers to: '0'.

Now, whenever I print any webpage, I get the same result. I would like to set the margins back to default, whatever that is. I can change the margins and headers/footers to any number (except .5 apparently) and it will stay and resolve the issue. Yet, other than eying it, I prefer to set these numbers to whatever the standard is; presumably the default. The World WIDE Web is void of this answer.

I have gone to about:config and found several entries such as this: print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_edge_bottom_ (etc) and all were set to '0'. I change those setting to default from user set. I don't know if that was the right thing to do but nothing changed. When I went back to about:config my changes were not kept. I did close out CB.

When I want to print a webpage I click print preview - page setup - margins and headers/footers and see that .5 is the setting for all sides. Yet my printing show no margins all the way to the page edge. I regret changing the margins for that one copy.

It is not the printer. I also have Firefox installed. Going to the same webpage and using Firefox to print that same page gives me what appears to be standard margins. The margins and headers/footers are set to the same .5 as in CB.

I would like, when I print webpages with CB, the resulting image to print on a sheet of paper showing normal recessed borders. How do I set CB back to where is was before I changed the margins and headers/footers to zero and have it stick?

I always have the most recent version of CometBird. Presently, I am using Vista 32.

Thanks for your hard work.