To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

CometBird Memory Management

I am curious about what seems to be the vastly superior memory management abilities of CometBird compared to Firefox. I have been a long time user of FF since V1 and have been continually frustrated by the memory usage issues since V2 of FF. I am currently using FF V3.6.13.

In my testing so far CometBird has been using a fraction of the memory that FF does and I can have 15+ tabs open in CometBird and only be using 220MB whereas with those same tabs open in FF for any length of time the memory usage quickly gets up to 800+MB and has peaked at 1.2GB with 20+ tabs open in FF. That is when I have to close FF to reclaim memory.

Obviously the CometBird development team has managed to find a way to optimise memory usage which the FF team have not been able to. Am I correct?

CometBird is also the only alternative Mozilla based browser that has been able to run all my FF extensions so far, especially the Google Notebook extension. If I continue to get the impressive test results I have been with CometBird I see no reason why I will have any further use for FF.

Great work.

• 2 weeks later...