To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

unsupported filenames

profhun

Hello!

Bitcomet 1.23 not supported apostrophe charachters in the file name. I was try download something what name is "i'm like a bird", and bitcomet show this filename just a single dot ".". The downloading process drop away all pocket what i download. Plz fix this bug. Use addslashez or something. I think uTorrent know this technike but i like Bitcomet, and hope you guys fix this problem :)

First of all, the last official release of BitComet is v.1.24. So if you have any bug reports, they should be for this version.

Anyway, if you're going to make a "Bug Report" you'll have to be more thorough than that.

Before anything else, when making a bug report, always try to give as much info about your system as possible (OS, security software, version of the application and sometimes, depending on the nature of the bug, even hardware - at least your CPU model).

Then you may want to make an effort to be more accurate.

First you say: "

I was try download something what name is "i'm like a bird"
The "something" was much more important and worthy of your description than the name of the file (I think we all know what an apostrophe is).

Is it a HTPP/FTP download?

Is it a torrent download?

We don't need to guess.

Then you say

bitcomet show this filename just a single dot "."

Where does it show this file-name like that?

In the Task List?

Or in the Files tab?

Following:

The downloading process drop away all pocket what i download.

Here you lost me altogether. I have no clue what you're trying to say.

So, sit back a minute and try writing this again.

But before you do that, make sure that you can reproduce, whatever error you encounter, in v.1.24.

In case you do, make sure that you also send us the link to the file in question (if available) using the "Report" button or a PM, so that we can verify if we can reproduce the same behavior.