To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Not sure why films dont dl

Hfamily

Hi i am new to bitcomet i am using bitcomet 1.25, using a dlink router, using windows 7, McAfee Antivirus.

When i try to download anything through bitcomet it all goes well but then it doesnt start the download and stays on 0% i have read the other thread on the signing in issue (which is happening to me) but yet bitcomet wont let me download. Please help. Thank you.

P.s, If i have missed out anything please let me know and i will do my best to find out as im not that clever with new programs. Thanks again. :)

Are you trying to download torrents or files through the HTTP/FTP download manager?

How many have you tried?

Do they all perform the same?

Try downloading an Open Office torrent from http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ and see if that task works.

...but yet bitcomet wont let me download.

BitComet has no business preventing you from downloading. Its job is to aid you exactly in downloading.

If for some reason you can't achieve that it could be because:

1. the resource you seek isn't available;
  2. your client is not properly set and therefore it can't connect to the sources for the files you seek or (for the same reasons) it isn't accepted as a trading partner by them.

You can find detailed guides for downloading with BitComet on the BitComet Wiki (in the Tutorial section).

But before perusing those, make sure that your client is properly set and has an open listening port.

For setting your client, follow the BitComet settings guide and if you don't have an open port read this FAQ topic: I have a yellow status light, and my download speeds are slow. What should I do?