To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Intermittent Problems

Hi, I have been using BitComet for a very long time now and just recently have had some problems. Sometimes it shuts itself off and when I re-start it says it needs to do a hash check. If I click do check, a box comes up saying bitcomet has encountered an error and needs to close, if I skip check it starts normally. This morning, although it was still down and uploading it was totally unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard action, I had to shut it down using task manager. I have just started it up again and it wanted to do the hash check with the same result as above. I am using V1.29 (stable). I have a Virgin media modem and a Belkin router with a wired ethernet connection. I am running windows XP and all ports are forwarded. Any help appreciated guys.... Thanks

Let's see if this is a new issue with 1.29, or an issue with something else. Try reverting to the version you were using previously -- just install the old version right over the new. Does this make the problems go away or change?