To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

ver1.31 Problem in Snapshot

lafunter

• 4 weeks later...

The same problem exists with all BitComet programmes. The only difference being, that prior to version 1.31 nothing shows in the 'snapshot column. In 1.31, no snapshots are shown, but says 'cannot display webpage'

BitComet seems to be going downhill - FAST.

When you look at the 'Peers', most seem to be Utorrent, followed by Azureus. BitComet rarely figures nowadays

@ Plodder, BItcomet is still the best around. I think the only reason that most people are using utorrent etc... is because it has been around a lot longer and some people have created external programs that can auomatically download torrents ( i.e. media center master) .... That being said, I think there are just some people that refuse to read up on all the things that really make bitcomet shine ( for example, LTseeding ) LT seeding is awesome.... and the one thing about it, no one knows what you are downloading from LT seeds vs regular torrent traffic.... it is internal to just bitcomet.....

No problem when I was still using V 1.29 until just recently. BUT however, I noticed, (but did not really check upon it since not obvious then) problem occurred AFTER I have updated to Firefox 10.0.1.... And after I've updated to BC V1.31 last week, it is so obvious than none of the hundreds of thousands of torrent files would be showing snapshots..... Wonder could it be because of Firefox..... Pls advise! Thx!

I wonder what really happened........ Just soon after I posted as above, i went back checking on the snapshots of those torrent files collections again, AND most of those I had checked since last week but did not show anything apart from the sceenshot posted by Lafunter as above "This program cannot display the webpage", MOSTLY now are able to display the snapshots!!! ?????

it seems self-evident.

If there's a web page to be displayed, then there must be a web server, serving that page with the snapshots it contains.

If the server is down, then BitComet can't display the web page. Not BitComet's fault.

Server comes back up, now BitComet can show the page.

• 1 month later...

We seem to have the same problem again with the 'snapshot' situation. It does not display anything about 'web page', it will not show 'snapshots,. Yet another problem has arisen, despite not being able to see 'snapshots' to give some idea of the content, BitComet will not now download anything from the 'Video Files'. It asks if you want to download, but nothing happens.

Seems to be a little more than a 'Server Down' problem!

The error message is coming from the very ancient version of Internet Explorer that BC uses for many of its extra functions.

Normally, you should see either snapshots or the message, "The snapshot is not available yet".

Instead you're getting a pretty unhelpful Microsoft error message.

You should check your MSIE configuration (even if you never use IE), to make sure it's nothing that you're doing, but it likely isn't.