To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Weird problem with dialog box

lange343

I have some torrents in BC that I want to delete. When I rightclick on the torrent the Delete dialog box is outside of my monitor so I cant access it.

I have previously experienced this with other programs and usually I can Shift-Rightclick the program in the taskbar and select Move and then use the arrowbuttons on my keyboard to move them.

But this doesnt work here!

I cant access the dialog box no matter what I try. I have tried to Alt-Space and then choose Move but nothing happens when I use the arrow buttons afterwards.

Heeeeelp. What can I do?

I am using Windows 7 with two monitors.

This sure sounds like you've got a display problem, if there are areas of the desktop that you can't see or reach on either monitor. You need to get that fixed. In the meantime, though, try switching the display to a single monitor for your task deletions, then switch back when you get done.

I have tried to just use one monitor. But the problem still remains. The dialog box is placed just "above" my Windows desktop because I can see the shadow of the dialog box but cant reach it with the mouse.

Its still invisible even though I am extending my second monitor in vertical direction.

God damn it it's annoying!!!

Could somebody tell me what the window title is of this delete dialog box? Then I can maybe write an Autohotkey script to place this dialog box in the middle of my monitor.

The window title is "Task Delete Confirmation". Hope that helps.

BTW, had you tried

1. Alt-TAB'ing to the window,
  2. Alt-Spacebar to bring up the control menu (which has MOVE selected by default)
  3. Enter (to select MOVE)
  4. Any arrow key
  5. Move your mouse

This usually brings an errant window back on to the visible screen.

Yes I have tried your suggestion. But as soon as I select Move and use the arrow keys nothing happens.

But thanks for the telling me the window title. I have made a AHK script that centers the dialog box on my monitor so I can live with that for the moment.

Hmm. As soon as you move your mouse, step 5, the window normally jumps back into the visible screen -- unless you have the screen size set to larger than it physically is or are running some sort of magnification interface.