To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Long Term Seeding makes my Upload Speed sky-rocket

docarmoleo

Hi. I've been using Bitcomet for a very long time and personaly love LTS, but something odd seems to happen. My ADSL contracted line capacity is of 10 mb/s Download and 450 kb/s upload ( im from brasil so this abysmal diference of UP/Down is normal ).

With LTS off i get a max of around 50 kb/s upload when just seeding(when downloading i have to limit Upload speeds to a little lower not to damage Down Speeds). I went to Speedtest and the upload also meets my contracted speed, but when i turn LTS on it just ignores my line capacity and i get up to 120 kb/s upload. Is that normal? Have in mind that with LTS off and just seeding it never goes over 50 kb/s.

Is Bitcomet somehow going over my ISP's Limitation? Also other common thing in brasil is that the max Upload Bandwidth anywhere is of 1 mb/s for residences, wich is what im getting with LTS on, but with nothing else from gaming to other P2P programs. Not that I'm complaining, i just find this curious.

Taking all this under consideration i've been only seeding with LTS, meaning just seeding to Bitcomet users, is that bad? Sorry for long post.

I remember having seen this behavior a couple of years ago. I'm not sure to this day exactly what it was.

You should install NetMeter (or another similar app) and watch what THAT application is displaying as total upload speed WHEN this is happening.

See if the two correspond.

I remember having seen this behavior a couple of years ago. I'm not sure to this day exactly what it was.

You should install NetMeter (or another similar app) and watch what THAT application is displaying as total upload speed WHEN this is happening.

See if the two correspond.

Yeah, they don't. I used BitMeter and Bitcomet shows 80~130 kb/s sometimes but BitMeter never goes over 60 kb/s Kinda disappointed but it seems its just a glitch with Bitcomet's Upload Speed measurement when im using LTS. Oh well, ill keep using both types of uploading then, thanks anyway.