To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help with Magnet Links

I have been trying to download from the pirate bay (I usually use isohunt) everytime I click on the magnet link it brings up the box when starting the download and shows "please specify save location while downloading .torrent file" I have changed the save path I have even given a specific folder to download to but it still wont accept the file to download. I am using windows vista. I have never had this problem downloading from isohunt. Please can someone help.

You didn't say which version of BitComet you're using, which earns you a thump on the head and a pointer to the "READ BEFORE POSTING!" topic that you didn't read before posting, which asks you for relevant information like this. Skip dinner as penance for this sin.

In Options -> Integration, check the box for "Always Associate with Magnet URI". That should take care of it.

It does seem to take quiet a while, sometimes, to find a peer and download the .torrent file from them, but I don't think the client has anything to do with, or say about the time it takes.