To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Demonoid Down After Attack

Not sure if anyone is aware, but I'm sure most are that Demonoid is down after July 25th after a huge attack. Whether they can come back or not, no one knows for sure. I just tried today because some d/loads come through Demonoid, and they were still a no-show. Most now come through Pirate bay anyway and I use BitComet as my downloader because they're the fastest for me. So, just to make you all aware of the situation as of today.

It came up today "server down."

Here's what it showed:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.demonoid.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Edited by Papajack55 (see edit history)

There's been a lot of discussion about this elsewhere. The site name has be set to a reflector. The .com site no longer resolves at all. There are conflicting reports in the dutch and ukranian press, both taking credit for shutting the site down. TorrentFreak published an article about some of this, indicating a recent exodus of the staff. Sounded to me like the owner had alienated everyone else, so they sabotaged him and hit the site with a DDOS attack.

What the true state of affairs is, nobody knows. Demonoid has gone away and come back before, so I hope the site can do this again.