To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet is not seeding at all

Hello,

I have not found the right section for my post so I'm just going to post it here and i hope that istead of deleting my post you will help me guys.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have 11 torrents downloads in my BitComet program. Every single torrent is downloaded and are set on seeding mode, but it is not seeding for some reason. I have tired to wait more time but it seems like in 12 hours it wasn't seeding anything at all.

5 Months ago i was using Utorrent and it was seeding perfectly, Also i had BitComet 2 years ago it was fine as well, but now when i have downloaded BitComet and torrents (movies) it did not seed at all.

Maybe you will be able to sort this problem with this post I'm sending my "Statistics" of BitComet where most of information could be found.

Thank you.

STATISTICS

______________________________|

Up Time: 13:01:53

Overall Tasks: Total: 11 / Running: 10

TCP Connections: Established: 7 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 52 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 192.168.2.4

WAN IP: 81.178.211.186

Listen Port of TCP: 10990 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 10990 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:1000] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:110] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:104] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Memory Usage: Working Set: 31.29 MB, Commit Size: 52.26 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 2.12 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 5.63 GB, Virtual: 8,191 GB

Disk Cache Size: 5 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 7495 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 437 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 94.1%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Total Downloaded: 22.05 GB (this session: 29.56 MB)

Total Uploaded: 384.58 MB (this session: 149.41 MB)

Edited by maniakas20 (see edit history)

In order for you to seed (upload), there must be somebody on the other end trying to leech (download) -- although the term "leecher" is deprecated these days, too pejorative. Therefore, the first consideration is, what's the peer situation for this torrent?

It's quite common, especially on private trackers, for there to be a great many seeders and few or no peers. All of those seeders are looking for somebody to give a byte to. When a peer does come along, he's in paradise and has his pick of the fastest and best of all those seeders. If you're not one of them, you probably won't get a shot at uploading to him. He quickly gets the whole torrent. Now he becomes another seeder and more competition for you. Trying to seed into peer ratios like (40/0) is pretty hopeless.