To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

A wait for the torrent to begin downloading?

This is my first time using Bitcomet, and I'm downloading a copy of Apollo 18. Although it's incredibly fast, it isn't displaying the stats mentioned in the name of the thread. The download rate, the upload rate, seeds/peers. Anything beyond progress really. As I'm experimenting with different clients I would really like to keep track of the rates in which I download and upload. It's not a necessity of course but I'd feel more comfortable if I could get it to function or at least understand why it isn't already showing me the specified information.

I'm using Bitcomet 1.34, DSL internet connection, using a NETGEAR B90 router and the port forwarding has been taken care of, all on a Windows XP home 32b.

I'll be honest too. I didn't search hardcore for answers to my dilemma prior to posting the thread and I'm not asking anyone here to do so, I'm just curious if anyone readily has any insight into the situation. If not just in case my following search comes up with nothing so that I have potential information to fall back on.

Much obliged.

Nevermind. As you can see this post was originally directed at something else but was resolved only to make me question something else and to avoid making another forum post altogether (Especially for something so insignificant), what is with the wait to begin downloading a torrent? I'm not complaining I'm just curious. Was under the impression that I was downloading a torrent incredibly quickly whilst watching the progress bar of my first torrent used with the Bitcomet client but without the time left, seed/peer, etc stats beside it. But instead I waited fifteen minutes for something that I'm accustomed to happening instantaneously. Did I do something incorrectly? Is it because of this being the first time I have used the client? The torrent its self, or just the way the client behaves?

Edited by yhtardzombie (see edit history)

Hi yhtardzombie,

as you mentioned

Was under the impression that I was downloading a torrent incredibly quickly whilst watching the progress bar of my first torrent used with the Bitcomet client but without the time left, seed/peer, etc stats beside it.

I wonder if this happens to every torrent or just some of your torrents. Please provide us some more detailed information especially some screenshots.

And it is quite natural that you need to wait a moment until the torrent starts downloading because the torrent won't gain speed before it connected to the effective peer.

Hi yhtardzombie,

as you mentioned

I wonder if this happens to every torrent or just some of your torrents. Please provide us some more detailed information especially some screenshots.

And it is quite natural that you need to wait a moment until the torrent starts downloading because the torrent won't gain speed before it connected to the effective peer.

I have to withdraw my question but I appreciate your willingness to help though. Turns out the Bitcom client just isn't for me. I'm on a really bad computer right now which probably plays a part considering I'm 19 and it's older then I am and I'm still squeezing out whatever use is left in this dusty Compaq. At any rate it would crash on me, the hash checks are brutal, it couldn't function with a 3gB download along side a 1gB and these are just not issues I ran into with clients beforehand which could do it albeit it taking a day or so. I also want to say that the bad words that the majority of the population had to say about the client influenced my decision despite knowing that it's mostly opinion based so I suppose I'm just going to postpone my adventuring into this territory until further notice.

Sorry about wasting the forum space. This can be removed.