To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Yandex.Browser integration

kvv213

Hello everyone!

I'm going to switch from uTorrent (old version) to BitComet. uTorrent sucks at very broadband channel and annoying by its ads. So...

I use Yandex.Browser that is a clone of Google.Chrome. And there is a question - how to pass torrent downloads from the browser to BitComet client. When I used uTorrent it watched a dir where I download torrent files. But it seems that there is no such ability as watch dir in BitComet.

I also checked for Chrome plug-in that is mentioned at some places here but I couldn't find it at all at the marketplace. Installing an extension from the properties - doesn't seems to work. Nothing happened.

Dragging and dropping of links from browser doesn't work - a link to a torrent tracker forum is dropped.

What shall I do?

PS. Course I can download and then manually open torrent file in BitComet but this doesn't look as a good solution.

After an additional review I've found this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitcomet-download-extensi/dhigneefebkcagnpnpbibganpmfgebnk/reviews

It adds "Doanload with BitComet" but it is not fully usable due to the fact that modern tracker sites gives only a link to a form that will return to you .torrent file. So BitComet receives index.html as a download option, not .torrent file (because it is not autentificated at a tracker site).

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, kvv213 said:

After an additional review I've found this extension 

It adds "Doanload with BitComet" but it is not fully usable due to the fact that modern tracker sites gives only a link to a form that will return to you .torrent file. So BitComet receives index.html as a download option, not .torrent file (because it is not autentificated at a tracker site).

Thank you bro!